“Avocado”, even from the name, is not a Thai fruit. and may find that the price is slightly higher than general Thai fruit But if you look at the properties, you can clearly see that it’s really worth every penny. Health brings all the benefits of avocado. And a few tips for eating avocados from Did You Know? Let’s leave each other.
What does an avocado look like?
Avocado is a fruit with rough skin, thick skin, dark green color. When ripe, it turns purple or black. The avocado pulp is creamy, soft, and tastes like butter.
Health benefits of avocado
Avocados have health benefits. because it is rich in vitamins and mineral salts such as UFABET
- Vitamin E nourishes the skin, reduces fat clots in the blood vessels.
- antioxidant slow down aging reduce the risk of cancer
- Potassium lowers blood pressure
- Folate lowers blood pressure
- Vitamin A improves eyesight
- Vitamin B relieves beriberi
- Vitamin C prevents colds and maintains teeth
- good unsaturated fatty acids which is the same type as olive oil Help reduce cholesterol in the blood. and prevent heart disease
- Up to 11 different types of carotenoids are found in the dark green area attached to the underside of the shell.
How to peel an avocado? To get the most useful nutrients?
- Cut it in half using a knife to press it lengthwise. until the knife sticks to the seed and push the knife around
- Use your hands to twist the avocado to loosen the flesh.
- Use a knife to gently chop over the seeds. let the knife stick to the seed Then twist the knife so that the seed sticks to the knife.
- Cut the avocado in half again.
- Use your hands to pull out the avocado rind. instead of using a scraping spoon
How to store avocados so they don’t turn black?
Avocados , like many other fruits, even stored in the refrigerator It may cause the color of the meat to change to brown. because the fruit will undergo an oxidation reaction This is caused by a compound in avocados called phenols that meets air to form a compound called quinones. It will be a pigment called melanin itself.
To keep avocados from turning dark, do the following:
- Squeeze the lemon over the avocado.
- Put it in a box or vacuum storage bag. then refrigerate
Precautions when eating avocados
- You shouldn’t eat more than 1 avocado a day because it’s a high energy food.
Many people choose to eat avocados when they want to control their weight. You can try some. But don’t eat too much. because in addition to high energy The price is not very friendly.