The Raise First In (RFI) technique is widely used. and has been used by professional poker players many times. So looking for a new poker player to learn and start playing poker with RFI will make you feel like you are armed and ready to fight and win.
Because playing Preflop is one of the most important decisions in poker game and having the technique of playing Preflop allows you to make good decisions that will affect the whole game. And before you get into RFI techniques, you need to understand why preflop raises are better than calls.
Why You Should Always Raise First
Limp is where you call to see the flop. Limping is a common mistake new players make. You should always keep in mind that you should always raise rather than Limp when playing Preflop for the following reasons:
1. You need to ensure that you get the most profit from the pot by starting from the Preflop round, so if you decide to Limp you will make the profit you get from winning less.
2. If you Limp with a strong card Other players with less strong cards will be able to access the cards at Preflop for a low price. And from the cards that are not strong, they may become stronger and defeat you.
And what kind of cards should you raise first?
|UTG||16%||55+, A2s+, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 98s, 87s, 76s, AJo+, KQo|
|MP||20.4%||44+, A2s+, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 97s+, 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s, 43s, ATo+, KJo+, QJo|
|CO||24.9%||22+, A2s+, K8s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 76s, 65s, 54s, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo|
|BTN||40.9%||22+, A2s+, K3s+, Q5s+, J6s+, T6s+, 96s+, 85s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, 43s, A2o+, K9o+, Q9o+, J9o+, T9o|
|S.B.||47.8%||22+, A2s+, K2s+, Q4s+, J6s+, T6s+, 95s+, 84s+, 74s+, 63s+, 53s+, 43s, 32s, A2o+, K8o+, Q8o+, J8o+, T8o+, 98o|
Using these Ranges to pick a card that will surely make you profitable in the long run because it is the Range that comes out of the program.
So what Bet Size should I choose for the first raise?
The next question is, once you have the right range and position, how much should you raise?
A common technique used is that the larger your range, the smaller the bet size you have to choose. Because the ratio between strong and weak cards is lower when you are playing a wide range, thus making the cards played have less value when calculating the range. long
And once you can choose a Bet size that is suitable for your Range, you should use that Bet size consistently no matter what cards you get in your Range, regardless of location. Due to the consistent use of Bet sizes, you can become very difficult to predict what cards you are holding.
By practicing good RFI techniques, you’ll have a solid foundation of preflop and the ability to develop into other techniques. And always keep in mind the rules below if you want to be a PRO.
1. Don’t Limp
2. Choose a hand or card to play well. Choose a strong card to gain long-term value over your opponent.
3. Choose to play a wider range when you are close to the Button location.
4. Choose the appropriate Bet size and always use that Bet size.
If you interested membership with us UFABET