This week I’m participating in a Back-to-School blog hop hosted by Blog Hoppin’!
Want to know more about me? My name is Virginia and I’m a teacher; I have my Masters in Education, and I taught public school after graduating college. Then I decided to stay home with my son (Mr. Scientist), and later his little sister, Miss Adventuress, arrived. When the time came to send Mr. Scientist to kindergarten, I realized that it wasn’t going to be the best situation for him, so we began homeschooling. Then Miss Braveheart came along, too! This year I’m teaching third grade, kindergarten, and toddler school; my littlest one is already two! We began following the Montessori method, and it’s working out very well for us. Now I’ll share a few fun facts. 🙂
1. Last week it looked like a volcano had exploded in my house and spewed educational materials EVERYWHERE. I took everything out to organize it; I’ve ALMOST finished.
2. I always have a new idea. I love beginning new projects, but I lack perseverance to finish them all! I’m really making an effort to change this.
3. I lived in Quito, Ecuador, and love that country. I really, really want to go back.
4. I’ve always spoken to my children in Spanish. They understand and speak both Spanish and English. My husband has learned Spanish along with them! But he’s still terrible at verb conjugation. 🙂
5. I always choose Skittles or Laffy Taffy (except the yellow) over chocolate.
6. My favorite movie is Mary Poppins. I can sing all of the songs in both English and Spanish!
7. I never read scary books nor watch horror movies. I just can’t!
8. If I need to rest, I read the Anne of Green Gables series, or the works of Louisa May Alcott. I love this type of young adult literature.
9. I love running. I don’t do it to win any races; I do it because I love the sensation of being outside and hearing the pounding of my feet on the pavement and talking to God.
10. I love playing board games, but I NEVER play checkers with my husband, because he ALWAYS wins, and I am competitive enough that I get mad!
Enough about me for today! Come back tomorrow to see where we learn!
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish